The putty cord is designed to be easily fitted around service penetrations where the gap around the services is very small, or there are no gaps at all so a conventional fire rated sealant is impossible or difficult to fit due to the required depth and backing material. The putty cords are fitted covering the gap around the services and does not need to fill the gap to the required depth.
Fitting the putty cords will reinstate the fire rating of the partition and prevent the passage of smoke and flames in a fire, and sound and air movement during service life.
iPASSIVE FR Putty Cords are supplied in circular strips and are easy to fit with your thumbs; no tools are needed.
- Installation is very simple and quick; fitted in a minute
- Stops penetration of both cold and hot smoke
- Self-adhesive and very easy to apply without tools
- Unaffected by moisture; can be used in wet rooms
- Never hardens and ensures a tight fit
- Can be reshaped to other sizes if necessary
- Provides excellent sound insulation
- Environment and user friendly; contains no solvents
- Contains a low pressure intumescent for optimal fire protection
- Working life of at least 50 years